Front Systems in-store infrastructure recommendations
- A separate LAN or VLAN outside the company’s private network for the Front Systems in-store equipment (POS and the related peripherals). Communication between devices in this LAN/VLAN must be local only, not via any central company network.
- IP addressing plan with static private ip addresses defined for all the Front Systems in-store equipment. Fix each POS’ and peripheral’s MAC address to a static IP address. This helps to prevent connection issues when the terminal or your network reboots.
- A stable broadband internet connection; preferably fiber, minimum continuous availability of 8Mbit/s down and 4Mbit/s up. A 4G router with unlimited data plan can be used if other stable internet connection is not available in the location of the store.
- Streaming services such as Netflix, Youtube, Spotify and Sonos should not be installed or used on the same iPad as Front Systems POS.
- Outbound ports 443 (HTTPS), 5671/5672 (AMQP) and and 8883 (MQTT) needs to be open in the firewall.
- Min. 3 x RJ-45 outlets available for the POS network adapter, receipt printer and payment terminal
- Min. 8 x power outlets.
- Min. 2 x RJ-45 outlets (regular ethernet / internet sockets).
- Min. 2 x power outlets.
Logistic App (FrontZapp)
- WIFI router to connect the iPod Logistic App.
- Min. 1 x power outlet